GLPLUP using period based template (RESOLVED)

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Baz, darkduck

MitchK

Post by MitchK » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:38 am

Hi,
we are in ECC 6.0 and I am trying to upload budgets using Excel but I cannot get the system to recognise the period parameter...

In GLPLI, I have created a planning layout against summary table GLT0 where there is GL account and then 13 columns to represent each period (we have a 13 period fiscal year). The first column is determined by a local variable and all other columns are derived as an offset of the first column. Because the period is part of the coumn attibutes, I cannot have it in the general selection.

In GLPLADM, I have created my planning profile and ticked "integrated excel", Under defaults, I have save my parameters (including period) and in the overview, saved "generic file", "file description" and "excel layout". I have saved the excel sheet to my local drive for later editting/upload.

On the spreadsheet, I notice that the period parameter has not transferred and, indeed, when I try to upload a spreadsheet using GLPLUP, I get an error about posting period cannot be less than 1.

Has anyone successfully been able to load a template that has individual periods as columns and if so, how did you get the posting period recognised?

TIA
Mitch
Last edited by MitchK on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

darkduck

Re: GLPLUP using period based template

Post by darkduck » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:22 am

Hi,

Maybe I had similar problem.
They way I figured that out is that template generated by system should not be changed anyhow. I.e. if it has 5 or 8 lines in header, the contents of those lines should remain. Period numbers are part of those lines. If you remove lines or period numbers, system cannot recognize them.
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...

MitchK

Post by MitchK » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 am

Thanks for the response Darkduck.

I hadn't changed the header record. I could not get it to work if I saved the file generated by SAP (via GLPLADM) and then tried to uploaded it straight back into SAP (via GLPLUP). I think the problem was with using a csv format. I now managed to get this to work by using TXT as the file type rather than CSV, it recognises the period values in the header record. For some reason, CSV ignores them.

Again thanks
Mitch