Report Painter: Specify currency at report execution

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Baz, darkduck

sonjas

Report Painter: Specify currency at report execution

Post by sonjas » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 pm

I'm new to this please and would appreciate your assitance

Is it possible to create a "generic" report against the FAGLFLEXT table that allows the user to select either Group or Local currency at report execution time in stead of creating seperate reports for each currency?

Thanks & regards
Sonja

MitchK

Re: Report Painter: Specify currency at report execution

Post by MitchK » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:49 am

Hi Sonja,
you can do it but it gets confusing.

If you want to do it, you need to create two variables (t-code GS11), use these on the selection screen and for checking the columns. You need a variable for each currency type and for each column you want on the report, you need two in the layout - one column for group currency, one of local currency and include the applicable variable as part of the characteristics. You then need to suppress zero columns on the report. You will also need to move currency from the general filter (if that is where you have it) and make it column specific.

It is far better to have two reports, one for each currency type, and include them in the same report group. Then, the user can chose which one to look at at runtime but using the report hierarchy tree.

Mitch

sonjas

Post by sonjas » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:51 am

Thanks Mitch. I will consider your suggestion. I was hoping to minimize the number of reports and the related maintenance.

darkduck

Post by darkduck » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:16 am

FAGLB03 has "Currency type" option available. Isn't it what you need?
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...