FTXP - Valid from date?

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Baz, darkduck

Sindhu88

FTXP - Valid from date?

Post by Sindhu88 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:27 am

When transporting changes in taxes we can't back date the tax rate change. It is implemented as of system date today. Question- can the tax rate change date that is being transported be in the future? In our development client the tax rate change that I am transporting has a future date, this transport when transported/ imported in QA has a valid date of system's (today) date and not the future date. How can we make sure that the tax rate change is valid as of the future date? Thank you.

Baz

Re: FTXP - Valid from date?

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 am

Sindhu88 wrote:When transporting changes in taxes we can't back date the tax rate change. It is implemented as of system date today. Question- can the tax rate change date that is being transported be in the future? In our development client the tax rate change that I am transporting has a future date, this transport when transported/ imported in QA has a valid date of system's (today) date and not the future date. How can we make sure that the tax rate change is valid as of the future date? Thank you.
Split from Old thread! please do not hijack old posts in future.... created a new thread!
Baz

AsPiRiNg tUlY iDiOt Image

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

check out my Podcasts http://dj-baz.podomatic.com

MitchK

Post by MitchK » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:57 am

Hi,
I'm not sure I'm understanding you question.

In FTXP, one of the parameters you enter is the "Valid From" date. This can be anytime from entry date to a date in the future.

Are you just asking if you can future date? If so, yes (see above).
Or, are you saying you set up a future date and when it was transported, it did not show? By default the transaction will show today's date but if you put in the date you wanted the change to take effect, then the system will show the values you have transported.

Mitch

LesleyC

Post by LesleyC » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 am

Just out of interest Mitch - where in Tx FTXP do you enter a validity date?

Thanks

MitchK

Post by MitchK » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:30 am

When you go into the transaction, the initial screen is for the selection of country. The second screen enables you to enter tax code, tax jurisdiction and valid from.

I am currently using ECC6 but remember this to also be the case with 4.7c

LesleyC

Post by LesleyC » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:54 am

Thanks Mitch,

I have followed your directions and the first screen in FTXP asks for the country, the second screen asks for the country key and the tax code then you go into the tax code itself.
I have never seen a validity date in a tax code.

Thanks
Lesley

MitchK

Post by MitchK » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Lesley,
this now has me stumped.

Currently, I'm in ECC6 and only work with US entities. For FTXP, if I enter US as the country, I get validity dates. If I chose another country (e.g. Germany or Great Britain), I do not have the option to enter a
valid from date. I am not sure if this is because I have not got any procedures assigned to them or somthing changed in ECC6.

In my previous company, we were multi-national, and worked with 4.7c, and I (painfully) remember that for Germany, we had validity dates because I had to have two sets of VAT rates when they introduced new rates a few years ago.

I think its somewhere in the condition types but I am completely at a loss as to where. Sorry I can't help but hope that someone else can.

Mitch

Sindhu88

Post by Sindhu88 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:58 am

I did more research on this issue and find that if I future date a tax rate change (t-code FTXP) in the development client (ERD)and transport it to QA, the tax rate change date (valid from) in QA will not be the future date that I implemented in ERD it will be the current system date - the date transport was moved to QA. We are on 4.7 version. This is one of the issues in 4.7 which is corrected on oss note 418582.

For now I am o.k. with this issue and will like to close it. Thank you all.