This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Hash total for Dutch payment formats

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Hash total for Dutch payment formats

Postby huubtim » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:21 am

Hi all,

For a Dutch company code, which uses the Dutch bank formats CLIEOP03 (RFFONL_I, domestic payments) and BTL91 (RFFONL_A, foreign payments), I would like that hash totals are calculated. These hash totals can then be compared with the banking software, in this case Access Online from ABN-AMRO.

I discovered there is a function module for this, MD5_CALCULATE_HASH_FOR_CHAR.
My questions now is, what steps should I take to implement this? You do I "connect" the payment format/file to the hash total calculating function module? How can the hash total be displayed and/or printed?

Kind regards,
Huubtim
huubtim

Re: Hash total for Dutch payment formats

Postby eric.van.zundert » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Hi,

if you setup the payment run (f110) you can also enter variants for printing (last tab on the screen).
Make sure you print to an SAP printer, not to a front end printer like LOCL. Please fill all the print options at first glance (you can delete them later if you don't need them).
On the output there will be the hash code. SAP generate the code itself.
After you upload the file (DME) into the bank program the same hash code is calculated.
The finance clerk compares the outcome from sap and from the ABN-Amro print.

br.,
Eric
eric.van.zundert

Postby huubtim » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:26 am

Eric,

Thanks, this is exactly the thing I was looking for.
I appreciate it!

Best regards,
Huubtim
huubtim

Postby RuudtM » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Hello,
We are looking for the same functionality except our techsupport claims that that the mentioned module is not generating the correct MD5 Hash. I noticed we are using the same bank(ABN), so I wonder wether you encountered this same issue and wonder how tackled this.
Also, when printing the payment list, do they need to generate a new "program" in the list variant? (currently a list variant popup with "program" RFZALI20 and "variant" blank comes up when printing the payment list)
RuudtM

Postby huubtim » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:23 am

Hi RuudtM,

I am not sure whether the correct hash is calculated. This is because my customer has postponed testing/implementing this.

The payment list (RFZALI20) is not the place were the hash is shown (not possible). It is shown on the "opdrachtbrief binnenlandse betalingen", please check the spool (SP01) if it is present.

If you need further information, please send private mail with your e-mail address.

best regards,
Huubtim
huubtim

Postby arnovdb » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:42 am

Hi
Do you add the MD5 hashtotal to the clieop03 and the btl91 files? And yes, on which line?
Or do you only print the total on the "opdrachtbrief"?

Thanks in advance
Arno
arnovdb

Postby huubtim » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:19 am

The hash is not added to clieop03 or btl91 file.
They are to be entered manually into the electronic banking software (source is the opdrachtbrief).
In the ABN-AMRO software it is a setting (whether or not the hash code is to be entered).

Kind regards,
Huub
huubtim

Postby silviamariana » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:33 am

Hello,
Can you please give me some more details about the hash key generated by F110. I do not understand what opdrachtbrief binnenlandse betalingen is. At this moment we are not using DME file do you think it is possible to see hash key on F110 without DME?
silviamariana

Postby huubtim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:54 am

Hello,

Can you please give some more details about your requirement?

Best regards,
Huubtim
huubtim

Postby silviamariana » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:06 am

Hi,
Right now we are using F110 for payments. We are exporting from SAP a file with the payments, with a custom program that has RFFOM100 as reference. After this the file is uploaded in our bank multicash application ( ING in our case) and we need a SHA1 key for this file to be compared with the one from the bank. In this way we can assure that the file was not modified before sending it to the bank. Actually we need a SAP report that will give us the SHA1 key for the downloaded file from SAP.
We are working on MD5_calculate_hash but as I can see from this post it can be done directly from F110.
Can you please help me.
silviamariana

Postby huubtim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:14 am

Hello,

The file which is exported from your Sap system: does it contain Dutch domestic payments, and/or SEPA payments, and/or outside SEPA payments?

Best regards,
Huubtim
huubtim

Postby silviamariana » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:16 am

Unfortunately none of the these. We are from Romania and we are not using SEPA. We are using MT100.
silviamariana

Postby huubtim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:19 am

Hello,

The bank account which is used to pay: in what country is it located?
huubtim

Postby silviamariana » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 am

Romania we are doing domestic payments to Romania.
silviamariana

Postby huubtim » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:44 am

In that case I can not help you: if you were executing payments from a Dutch bank account, then you could have considered switching to SEPA. I am not 100% sure, but I think I saw that hash is available for SEPA. That could have been a solution for you. But because you are using domestic Romania payments, this does not apply.

With regards to function module MD5_CALCULATE_HASH_FOR_CHAR: I do not know if this can be used in combination with MT100. Assuming this is possible, then that does not mean that the way SAP calculates the hash control number is equal to the way ING is doing this. I suggest you start by asking ING how they calculate the hash number.

Best regards,
Huubtim
huubtim

Next

Return to Financials