Error in Assigning Chart of Accounts to Company Code

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Baz, darkduck

kjs_rajan

Error in Assigning Chart of Accounts to Company Code

Post by kjs_rajan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:47 am

Hi

I copied company code 1234 from Standard Company Code 0001. I also copied Chart of Accounts KKJS from Chart of Accounts INT.

However when I went to assign Chart of Accounts KKJS to Company Code 1234, I am getting the following Error:

Reset company code data before changing the chart of accountsMessage no. FC140
Diagnosis
You have selected a different chart of accounts for a company code.
You must, however, reset the company code-specific data for the old chart of accounts beforehand.
Procedure
If you really want to allocate a different chart of accounts to the company code, first of all reset the company-code specific data for the old chart of accounts.
First of all you must, if it exists, reset the transaction data for this company code.
Finally, carry out the resetting of the company code-dependent G/L account master data (without the general master data).
Note:
When dealing with large quantities of data, resetting the master data or transaction data can be very time-consuming. In this case, it is advisable to schedule the running of these reports as a batch run.

Please advise me what to do?

Thanks

Kanwaljit

darkduck

Re: Error in Assigning Chart of Accounts to Company Code

Post by darkduck » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:44 am

try OBR1
SAP FI FAQ: http://en.sap.darkduck.com

Just before submitting any question, have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html please...

Rene1001

Re: Error in Assigning Chart of Accounts to Company Code

Post by Rene1001 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:23 am

When you copied the company code, all b-segments of the accounts are also copied, plus several other customizing settings. So you first delete all G/L accounts (company code part) and then try again. Hopefully you will not have problems with the other customizing settings.