This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Unwanted Exchange rate differences calculated when clearin

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Unwanted Exchange rate differences calculated when clearin

Postby Somum » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:41 am

Hello,

I have 2 documents in 2 company codes from month 1 that I'm trying to
cear. The documents' document and local currency is CAD and group curreny is USD. Both the documents are from the same date but since the
clearing date is in month two and SAP is generating receivables/payables
n 2 company codes, it is trying to create exchange rate loss/gain that
are totally fake. The system should not calculate any exchange rate loss
ain since the 2 documents being cleared are from same date. Any help is greatly appreciated.

sumit
Somum

Postby shiv » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:23 am

Hi

Try T-Code "OBY6 ". You will find a check box for "No forex diff when clearing in LC"
shiv

Postby jools » Tue Oct 22, 2002 9:37 am

Hi,

I'm not sure that I agree with your comment re. no FX.
Surely, for GROUP currency there would be an FX on each of the companies concerned, but at the transaction and local there would be no FX exchange!?

i.e. Company 1 Company 2
Trans Curr 1000 CAD -1000 CAD
Loc Curr 1000 CAD -1000 CAD
Group Curr 600 USD -600 USD at time of booking
Group Curr 500 USD -500 USD at time of clearing

Therefore, on Company 1 you would have FX of (Group) -100 on Company 2 you would have +100. The overall affect at group level would be zero i.e. -100+100=0.
I've probably got the wrong idea re. your problem.

Thanks
jools

Cross Company Realized loss/Gain

Postby Somum » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:06 pm

This message is in reply to Shiv's answer.

Shiv,

Thanks for the reply. The check in OBY6 only works for the third party invoices. It doesn't work for cross-company code transactions which is the case in my scenario. I'm trying to clear 2 documents in 2 company codes against each other. Though they belong to same date and with same CAD and USD but when SAP generates the receivables/payables as of the current date, it generates loss/gain which is fake. That is what I'm trying to avoid.

sumit
Somum

Cross Company Realized loss/Gain

Postby Somum » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:09 pm

This message is in reply to Jools answer.

Jools,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that there should be realized loss/gains created in group currency but it doesn't work for cross-company code transactions which is the case in my scenario. I'm trying to clear 2 documents in 2 company codes against each other. Though they belong to same date and with same CAD and USD but when SAP generates the receivables/payables as of the current date, it generates loss/gain which is fake. That is what I'm trying to avoid.

sumit
Somum

Return to Financials