This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Cost collectors

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Cost collectors

Postby anitas on Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:08 am

When we have discreet manufacturing and use product cost collectors to do costing by period, do we have to create product cost collectors for each material manually

anitas

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:29 pm

Hello,
you can create product costcollectors automatically using transaction KKF6N.
In order to use transaction KKF6N for discrete manuf. you have to implement oss note number 41414643 Collective Creation Of Product Cost Collectors.
Regards,
Sese

Postby anitas on Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:31 pm

I think I did not frame my question well .My question was whether we can create cost collectors for all relevant materials together in discreet manufacturing environment?
transaction KKF6N is for creating cost collectors for a single material or a range of materials.
It is not at plant level for all the relevant materials in the plant.
anitas

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:27 am

You can use transaction code KKF6M for multiple creation of Product cost collectors at Plant level.

Regards

Vijay

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:50 am

anitas wrote:I think I did not frame my question well .My question was whether we can create cost collectors for all relevant materials together in discreet manufacturing environment?
transaction KKF6N is for creating cost collectors for a single material or a range of materials.
It is not at plant level for all the relevant materials in the plant.

Hi Anitas

I'm not sure I understand your question

You only have a cost collector in repetitive manufacturing so if you create a new version in the MKAL table you then have to create a separate object to collect the costs with KKF6

In discrete manufacturing the cost are collected against the production order object itself in CO ie there is no separate cost collector

Can you explain the scenario you are using ?

Regards

Charles

Postby anitas on Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:50 am

We have production orders.But we calculate costs by period using cost collectors. We do not calculate costs for each order
anitas

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:28 am

Hello,
you have to use transaction KKF6M (and not KKF6N as I wrote in my previous answer).
The product cost collector is always created for a specific material/production version and therefore costs are collected at material/production version level.

Charles, from release 4.7 it is possible to use product cost collectors also for discrete production. The production order is no longer a cost object; it is linked to a product cost collector and costs are posted to the PCC.
Regards,
Sese

Postby anitas on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:51 am

Sese,

You are right. This is the scenario we are using in 4.7.

I have another doubt.Can we have Product cost by period ( repetitive manufacturing) and Product cost by order ( without attaching any cost collector - discreet manufacuring) configured for the same plant. If we can, how will the system treat goods issued to a Production order and goods issued for repetitive manufacturing without production order ?
anitas

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:27 pm

I think this is possible because you can use different order types in PP for the rep manuf and for the discrete manuf (even with one plant). But I think that a material can be produced with REM or with discrete (and not with both).

Return to Financials